Driver Scanner 2012 - Free Scan Now
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: RE: Error code Windows 7 Update 80070539

  1. #1
    ziggy1 Guest

    Default RE: Error code Windows 7 Update 80070539

    it is possible that if you have installed "google desktop" it causes problems
    when updating windows 7, if you have google desktop installed uninstall and
    try the updates again

    "Richard" wrote:

    > I am using windows 7 beta and after the fist run of sucessfull update now I
    > got the error code. Any one with tip on it?
    >
    > Also I canot go in MSN messenger (user name and pass not accepted error
    > 700.... but in windows live code and pass works.
    >
    > Also Outlook can not save my password... I try several set up nothing work
    > because I did not find anything for Windows 7
    >
    > Thanks in advance for some help
    > --
    > Richard


  2. Sponsored Links



  3. #2
    SamsonT Guest

    Default RE: Error code Windows 7 Update 80070539

    Yes, by uninstalling Google Desktop solved my problem.

    "ziggy1" wrote:

    > it is possible that if you have installed "google desktop" it causes problems
    > when updating windows 7, if you have google desktop installed uninstall and
    > try the updates again
    >
    > "Richard" wrote:
    >
    > > I am using windows 7 beta and after the fist run of sucessfull update now I
    > > got the error code. Any one with tip on it?
    > >
    > > Also I canot go in MSN messenger (user name and pass not accepted error
    > > 700.... but in windows live code and pass works.
    > >
    > > Also Outlook can not save my password... I try several set up nothing work
    > > because I did not find anything for Windows 7
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance for some help
    > > --
    > > Richard


  4. #3
    robert Guest

    Default RE: Error code Windows 7 Update 80070539

    "SamsonT" wrote:
    > Yes, by uninstalling Google Desktop solved my problem.
    >
    > "ziggy1" wrote:
    > > it is possible that if you have installed "google desktop" it causes problems
    > > when updating windows 7, if you have google desktop installed uninstall and
    > > try the updates again


    Yep,
    Google desktop interferes with windows update
    I have a brand new installation of Win 7 prof and upates failed after
    installing google desktop with error 80070539 and started to work again
    after uninstaling google desktop
    Anybody got an idea why this is and if it is a aprticular part of desktop
    (indexing or other) or the who shebang is incompatible ??

  5. #4
    PA Bear [MS MVP] Guest

    Default Re: Error code Windows 7 Update 80070539

    Is your version of Google Desktop supported in Win7? What did Google
    Support have to say when you asked them about it?

    robert wrote:
    > "SamsonT" wrote:
    >> Yes, by uninstalling Google Desktop solved my problem.
    >>
    >> "ziggy1" wrote:
    >>> it is possible that if you have installed "google desktop" it causes
    >>> problems when updating windows 7, if you have google desktop installed
    >>> uninstall and try the updates again

    >
    > Yep,
    > Google desktop interferes with windows update
    > I have a brand new installation of Win 7 prof and upates failed after
    > installing google desktop with error 80070539 and started to work again
    > after uninstaling google desktop
    > Anybody got an idea why this is and if it is a aprticular part of desktop
    > (indexing or other) or the who shebang is incompatible ??



  6. #5
    Motassem Guest

    Default RE: Error code Windows 7 Update 80070539

    You are great Ziggy1,,,, this solved my problem........ good work,,, keep it up

    "ziggy1" wrote:

    > it is possible that if you have installed "google desktop" it causes problems
    > when updating windows 7, if you have google desktop installed uninstall and
    > try the updates again
    >
    > "Richard" wrote:
    >
    > > I am using windows 7 beta and after the fist run of sucessfull update now I
    > > got the error code. Any one with tip on it?
    > >
    > > Also I canot go in MSN messenger (user name and pass not accepted error
    > > 700.... but in windows live code and pass works.
    > >
    > > Also Outlook can not save my password... I try several set up nothing work
    > > because I did not find anything for Windows 7
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance for some help
    > > --
    > > Richard


  7. #6
    bret323 Guest

    Default RE: Error code Windows 7 Update 80070539

    Thanks - uninstalling Google Desktop solved my problem too.

    "ziggy1" wrote:

    > it is possible that if you have installed "google desktop" it causes problems
    > when updating windows 7, if you have google desktop installed uninstall and
    > try the updates again
    >
    > "Richard" wrote:
    >
    > > I am using windows 7 beta and after the fist run of sucessfull update now I
    > > got the error code. Any one with tip on it?
    > >
    > > Also I canot go in MSN messenger (user name and pass not accepted error
    > > 700.... but in windows live code and pass works.
    > >
    > > Also Outlook can not save my password... I try several set up nothing work
    > > because I did not find anything for Windows 7
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance for some help
    > > --
    > > Richard


  8. #7
    Allan Guest

    Default RE: Error code Windows 7 Update 80070539

    Something so simple.....so frustrating....thanks Zig, worked for me too!

    "bret323" wrote:

    > Thanks - uninstalling Google Desktop solved my problem too.
    >
    > "ziggy1" wrote:
    >
    > > it is possible that if you have installed "google desktop" it causes problems
    > > when updating windows 7, if you have google desktop installed uninstall and
    > > try the updates again
    > >
    > > "Richard" wrote:
    > >
    > > > I am using windows 7 beta and after the fist run of sucessfull update now I
    > > > got the error code. Any one with tip on it?
    > > >
    > > > Also I canot go in MSN messenger (user name and pass not accepted error
    > > > 700.... but in windows live code and pass works.
    > > >
    > > > Also Outlook can not save my password... I try several set up nothing work
    > > > because I did not find anything for Windows 7
    > > >
    > > > Thanks in advance for some help
    > > > --
    > > > Richard


  9. #8
    Jburb Guest

    Default Re: Error code Windows 7 Update 80070539

    Thanks for the suggestion. Uninstalling Goggle Desktop also solved my
    problem with Windows 7 Updates. Error code 80070539.
    --
    jburb


    "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

    > Is your version of Google Desktop supported in Win7? What did Google
    > Support have to say when you asked them about it?
    >
    > robert wrote:
    > > "SamsonT" wrote:
    > >> Yes, by uninstalling Google Desktop solved my problem.
    > >>
    > >> "ziggy1" wrote:
    > >>> it is possible that if you have installed "google desktop" it causes
    > >>> problems when updating windows 7, if you have google desktop installed
    > >>> uninstall and try the updates again

    > >
    > > Yep,
    > > Google desktop interferes with windows update
    > > I have a brand new installation of Win 7 prof and upates failed after
    > > installing google desktop with error 80070539 and started to work again
    > > after uninstaling google desktop
    > > Anybody got an idea why this is and if it is a aprticular part of desktop
    > > (indexing or other) or the who shebang is incompatible ??

    >
    > .
    >


  10. #9
    Rikk Guest

    Default RE: Error code Windows 7 Update 80070539

    Thank you all. How frustrating to try to figure out what the update problem
    was and how simple to check with you folks to find the solution. I'm back on
    board and all is good now.

    "ziggy1" wrote:

    > it is possible that if you have installed "google desktop" it causes problems
    > when updating windows 7, if you have google desktop installed uninstall and
    > try the updates again
    >
    > "Richard" wrote:
    >
    > > I am using windows 7 beta and after the fist run of sucessfull update now I
    > > got the error code. Any one with tip on it?
    > >
    > > Also I canot go in MSN messenger (user name and pass not accepted error
    > > 700.... but in windows live code and pass works.
    > >
    > > Also Outlook can not save my password... I try several set up nothing work
    > > because I did not find anything for Windows 7
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance for some help
    > > --
    > > Richard


Similar Threads

  1. RE: Code 80070005 Windows Update encountered an unknown error
    By nelson mejia in forum Windows Update
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26th October 2009, 20:14
  2. Re: Windows Update Error Code 80070246
    By MowGreen in forum Windows Update
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26th October 2009, 20:13
  3. RE: Windows Update Error Code 80070246
    By Lori76 in forum Windows Update
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26th October 2009, 20:13
  4. Re: Windows Update failed Error Code: 80072EFD
    By Cobra 193 in forum Windows Update
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26th October 2009, 20:08

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Recommended Download



1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47